Saturday, July 22, 2006

December 2005

Friday, December 23, 2005
It was lovely 76 degrees here in Phoenix today!
12-09-05--> 12-22-05


Hello to all,

It has been a while since I wrote here… mainly because I got busy during the last week before finals, and then was busy being on vacation :o)

So, I’ll start with the week of finals-- by the time we got to the last week, I was completely burned out… I really wanted to go home and basically had to push through that one last week. We had classes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We had our Pathology practical on Tuesday, and then our final on Friday. I was SO happy it was done and over with.

You all might be wondering why I want to go home all the time… well… I just love everyone here- I love Omer, Mom, Dad and Midnight. I enjoy being with my family so much, and I just don’t like being away from them. If I were to do it again I still would have chosen my school as my school, but I truly would have thought the distance over again.

Following the final on Friday, I convinced Tala that we needed ice-cream, but before we headed out to Cold Stone Creamery, I took Ms. Vega to the vet to get her stitches out. I begged them to let me take them out, but they said it was better if I held the princess so she doesn’t move so much. So I did. Oh… she was so humiliated! They took the 2 stitches out, and all she could do was to curl up in a tiny little ball and lay in my lap. My baby… I brought her back home and then Tala, James and I went out for ice-cream. It was just lovely! I think we all needed something sweet. That night, Sarah and I went out for Pizza, and had a good time. It is nice to just hang out with good friends!

As I got home to late to clean the house, I got up early the next morning and cleaned my place really good. Poor KC and Vega almost had a heart attack when I got the vacuum out; they absolutely hate it. In anycase, I finished a few hours later, and packed my stuff really fast. A few days prior, Dorothy had offered me a ride to the airport, and I was so glad to catch a ride, especially when I looked out and saw that the whole world has become white. Ugg… snow and ice, once again. YUCK!

The flight home was really long. I planned on sleeping the whole way to Arizona, but as luck had it, we were delayed, and as I sat in the plane to be de-iced, I fell asleep for a while, woke up, and that was it… I was SO bored the rest of the flight… I’ll never do that mistake again—I’ll always have a book from now on.

Well, I got home on a Saturday, enjoyed dinner and just talking. Sunday, we started with our ‘projects’—basically, all that needs fixing or cleaning was put on a long list and we are just working our way down the list. We have gotten a few things done already! Today, Dad and I cut the rose bushes and attempted to fix the broken light in the garden (no success on the latter).

As Omer has been working hard, I didn’t have too much time to hang out with him. Today he had a little bit of free time, and he took me to see “Walk the Line”. OH! I loved it so very much!!! The story of Johnny Cash and June Carter needed to be told, and I am so glad that finally Reese Witherspoon played a dramatic role. I’ve been telling everyone for the last 2 years that she needs to venture out and try the full spectrum of acting. She was excellent, and so was Joaquin Phoenix. What a lovely movie!

Well friends, that’s about it. Omer wanted to take me to an early screening of the Producers, but I was so tired that I decided to stay home, write a little here and go to bed.

Good night to all,

Reut
23 dec 05 @ 12:20 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, December 8, 2005
I tried to post this a few days ago, but the upload site wasn't working right... grrr. Well, here is another entry from snow land (BTW, we have a snow day today :o( )
11-30-05-->12-06-05


Hello friends and family,

Last time I wrote, it was almost Wednesday. A lot has happened since, mainly school stuff.

Wednesday was OMT day all day long. It was wonderful! We worked on Still’s techniques, and I had a good time. That afternoon I had off for studying, and so my friend Keith and I went to a coffee shop and study there. For some reason, I just needed to be away from school… I think I might be having school overload :o) It was fun to hang out with him.

On Thursday, we had a ‘professionalism’ lecture. I don’t know if I liked it too much… it was just way to early in the morning to talk about professional conduct in the medical field. Then we had immunology and two pharmacologies. Yeah! (I like Pharm…) Then in the afternoon, I went with my friend Deepa to a coffee shop again, and sat there and worked my tail off until… I was disrupted by a guy who insisted he needed to stop me from learning pharmacology. Uggg. It was nice to talk to him, but he was way too young, and a little too bizarre for me. All I wanted, was to go back to my notes.

Friday, sweet Friday… Derm and Healthcare policy. I like Healthcare policy. It was interesting to learn about the new change they are going to offer in medicare in 2006. But I do wonder what the elderly population thinks of this offer with its many flaws and the big ‘donut hole’ it has.

Saturday I was feeling very sleepy all day long, which made it very very difficult to study. Oh man, that was a tough day! Sunday was fine—we got everything done for the quiz, but both Tala and I were just exhausted.

Monday… well… the quiz was difficult. I did study enough for it, but I really did not like it. After the quiz we had phyiology, and off I went to study. During night time, I prepared my paper for the debate. I am presenting on Thursday, and wanted to make sure I got everything in. During the evening, I took Vega to the vet to be spayed. I was so sad. I know it is the right thing to do, but I really wanted her to be a mommy… :o( K.C. is next in line in about 5 weeks. :o(

Today (Tuesday), I woke up early and went to school early. We had Pathology, 2 pharms and a pediatrics lecture. All was related to hypertension. Very interesting indeed! My afternoon was spent studying with Tala in Smith Hall. Pretty typical afternoon…

Well, that’s about it from here, I’ll write some more after this week. Next week is going to be crazy—we have full classes and all and a pathology practical, and a final. I am flying out on Saturday night, and I am SO happy!!!

Love,

Reut
8 dec 05 @ 8:00 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/