Saturday, September 16, 2006

PS



09-16-06

Oh! I completely forgot to tell you about our expedition to Philadelphia!

Last weekend, many of the Kansas City group decided to go to Philadelphia and walk around all the tourist attractions and such… We took the train, which wasn’t too bad, but I would never want to ride on it alone.

We got to Philadelphia and it was probably one of the last warm days of the year. We walked around a bit. We took a peek at the Carpenter’s hall, which was the meeting place of the first continental congress in 1774. Well… it was very musty and smelly inside, but it was still an amazing architecture and interesting reading materials inside.

I then convinced my friends to go see liberty bell with me. They all saw it before and I was the only who did not. They agreed, and we all went there. Security was ridiculous—I am all for security, but it was just a tad too much. Anyways, we went in, and I browsed through all the reading and saw the bell. I really had high expectations for it, and when I saw it, my first thought was… “what’s the big deal… it’s just a bell…” Not too patriotic, I know, but, really, it is just a bell. I realize that it represents freedom and all that, and that it has importance in the patriotic sense, but… I just was not too impressed. (We still took pictures for the heck of it)

Then we met up with some friends and ate in a local market. Now, that was really fun! I truly enjoyed the great conversation and the delicious food. Ice cream for desert, and I was set on coming back to this market again!

After we were done, we rode back home and later met in another friend’s house and had just good time ‘hanging out’… I was quite tired the next day, but it was definitely fun!

Did you know that Barbra Streisand is coming to Philadelphia in the fall? When we were in the city I saw some signs for it. I looked checked out the prices on the internet and was disappointed to find out that even the nose bleeder seats were over my financial ability. I guess I won’t be seeing Streisand in a real live concert. That’s okay… if Queen will be coming to this area again I’ll see them. Last stage news—“Mary Poppins” is opening up on Broadway in October! I’ve been dying to see this show, ever since I’ve seen the UK shorts about it. I will try and get cheap tickets for later on in the season (although I have a feeling after psych rotations I’ll be much busier…)

Well, that’s my addendum for the other entry,

Smooches again!

Reut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/