Saturday, March 31, 2007

Recipe for Kneidalach (Matzo Balls)

No, really, I don't have a kneidalach obsession, but I have noticed that a lot of people arrive to my site via 'recipe for kneidalach' search on the various search engines...

So here you go:

This is from the back of manischewitz matzo mean-- I found that it is the best recipe ever!!! (I don't care if the recipe is from the back of a box...) I changed it just a tiny bit:

(*makes about 16 matzo balls-- all doubled from original recipe)

4 tablespoons olive oil (the original recipe uses vegetable oil)
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup Matzo Meal
2 teaspoon salt (or however much you like)
4 tablespoons soup stock or water

1. Blend vegetable oil, eggs, matzo meal and salt together
2. Add soup stock or water and mix until uniform. Cover and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Bring 3 quarts of water to a brisk boil (or just have your chicken/vegetable/etc boiling)
4. Reduce flame and drop balls approximately 1 inch in diameter formed from refrigerated mixture
5. Cover pot and cook 30-40 minutes

--> grandma and greatgrandma note: if you like them hard (oooo, so good!) add a tiny bit more matzo meal to the mix.

That's it.

Happy Passover to all who celebrate it.
Happy meal to all who enjoy kneidalach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/