Sunday, February 11, 2007

Kids are fun



02-05-07 --> 02-11-07

Hi everyone,

I had quite a long week, but I have to say… I really like kids! I mean, you all knew already, but I really do like them—they are fun and completely different from adults! If I wouldn’t have chosen medicine, I would have gone to get my teaching certificate. That said, you can correctly guess that I had a good time in the first week of peds. I mean, it wasn’t fun all the time, and I didn’t like all the doctors, but it was fun for the most part. The first 2 weeks of my rotations are done at the Peds ER. The Emergency Department a completely different environment from anything I have ever done before. I really didn’t like the setting at first, but like anything else, I am getting used to it.

For this whole week (plus a long shift on Saturday) I worked the afternoon/evening shift, which means that I never got home much earlier than midnight. Poor Vega and KC had to get used to a new feeding schedule… they weren’t too happy about it. In the hospital it seemed like the kids started coming in groves at about 6pm with another major surge at 10:30pm. I wonder what the day shift is like. I guess I’ll see tomorrow.

Finally ‘R’ at the school has provided me with an estimation of when I could try and do my ER and Cardiology rotation next year, so I have a bunch of paper work to complete today. Blah. I also have to do laundry, clean my abode, hunt some food in the store and cook. Major blah. I better hurry up and get these boring tasks done so I could quilt a little bit. OH! I don’t know if I told you or not, but I finally finished the lion’s mane on the quilt. It took forever!!!

Better get going.

Re

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're liking peds! It sounds fantastic, except for the night shift part. Make sure you post a pic of the quilt when you're done..the lion's mane sounds really cool!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sister, you should come work with me if you like kids. We got them by the truck full.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Reut said...

Hey Omi, I think that if I choose Peds I'll help at a place like your work!

:o)

When are you coming to visit me, huh? I think you need to come, so we can go to a random place like Hershey again. mmmm... Hershey... Brownie-smelling-town

9:05 PM  
Blogger Reut said...

Christine,

I will definitely put a picture of the quilt up here when I'm done. I am making this one for my friend Elizabeth's baby-- The next one I will try making from scratch (...maybe...).

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/