Sunday, January 14, 2007

Working out: the anti couch-potato medicine...

Tiny note before I go to bed... My friend Christine got me motivated to start exercising again. I decided to post it here so I am held accountable (LeeAnn once said being accountable helps you actually do stuff and not quit...). I am starting really really slow, and hopefully in a few months my heart and lungs will be able to keep up with the rest of me :o)

I got a beginners schedule from and I am planning to stick with it.

Okay... there, it is out in the open, so feel free to ask me about it-- I'll do my best to keep on top of it.

Night!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Reut! How was your first workout? Hard? Easy? Did you feel good afterwards? Are you sore today? Keep it up!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Reut said...

Hey Christine,

I did my 2nd one today-- I am only doing what I can, which at the moment is close to zilch, the rest I walk-- I'll increase it slowly. Yes, I loved it! I am a little sore, but it is such a nice feeling.
As I spend most of my days inside the hospital I decided to do my workouts in the great outdoors... I truly hope the weather keeps being warm until... may :o)

Thanks for the motivation! I'll keep you updated.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, exercising outdoors is SOOOO much better than exercising in a gym. Unfortunately, at least where I am, the weather is getting more and more like winter, so it's going to be harder to do stuff outside :-( Or, you can do stuff outside, it'll just take some getting used to, especially since you're a desert girl! The upside is, the harder you work out, the warmer you'll be! Keep up the good work!! :)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/