Sunday, February 18, 2007

Winter sucks. Really.



02-12-07--> 02-18-07

Hello everyone,

So another week has passed, this was my last week at the peds-ER, which is a shame because I was having a good time. Next week I will be at the out patient clinic, and then I believe I will be at another hospital. “Hooray” for no continuity. Pffth! This of course is said with a high level of sarcasm. This is the one thing I wish I could change about these rotations at this particular site. I don’t like switching places every 1-2weeks. It is very difficult to get used to a location and then have to change it right away. Okay, I promised no venting, so I am done.

The weather has been dreadful! Last Tuesday (I think) it had snowed and then we had freezing rain. I had trouble getting to work because of the icy conditions. I woke up the next day thinking: “I shouldn’t be driving in this… there should be a law prohibiting people from warm climate to drive in this” But I drove very slowly and made it there and back just fine. It was just like driving on an ice-ring; very difficult conditions. If I stay in this area, my next car will be a 4x4 and I will equip it with snow tires. Sheesh. On a happier note, it has been getting warmer—yesterday it was 32F(0C). Because the mercury has been at around 15-20F for the whole week, this 32F felt much warmer than it normally would. I was actually out and about with a sweatshirt only (don’t worry, it was a sunny non-windy day).

OH! I finally got to walk the dogs at the shelter yesterday!!! We were short on people and the director has asked me to walk the smaller dogs. This was great! I walked them (and played with them), moved them to another cage and cleaned their old one. There was a cute one who looked similar to Daisy (but a Terrier, not a Chihuahua).

Well, after I came back from the shelter I made some delicious stuffed tomatoes (a-la-Savta-Blanca-style) YUM! I swapped the tuna for eggs, but it turned just as good. I still have 3 tomatoes left. I also tried writing my scholarship essay—it took me forever to write the little tid-bit that I did. I have to re-read it today and see if I still like it.

That’s about it from here. I hope you are all doing well,

Reut

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that winter sucks. But the ice storm was pretty (as long as you were inside!)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Reut said...

Hey Christine!

You are right, it is pretty. But I still hate it :o) LOL!

Hope all is well.

Reut

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/