Friday, June 22, 2007

Shabat

06-22-07

Shabat is here. I stopped and got these wonderful Daisies at the store. Our dog Daisy is named after daisies which are mom’s favorite flower. I was happy to find these daisies at the store, but very sad that I can’t share them with her.

I had a thought this week, and it was that if there is a God, he is an asshole. Anyone wants to argue differently? Eh? Just ask Job.

Anyways, school stuff—I’m in outpatient pediatrics, which is an elective for me. I decided to have it at the end of the year to make sure I like it before I choose pediatrics as my future occupation. The first two days were a big let down from surgery… Surgery was just so packed and fun and exciting, that nothing can really compare to it. But, I don’t think I would like to have the life of a surgeon. I mean, would you? Yes, life at the hospital is very full and exciting, but they don’t have too much time for life outside of the hospital…
I really like pediatrics—I like the interaction with kids, I like the interaction with their parents, I like the fact that I can sing songs, make faces and tell someone that “I don’t see any boogies in your nose today!” If I wasn’t going to be a doctor, I would have probably become an art teacher for the elementary school age. The important thing to remember is that I need to get into a big residency program so I would have the opportunity to see a lot of pathology and cases that I wouldn’t necessarily get to see on a daily basis out of the hospital.

We had a kid today that I saw, and she wouldn’t let me examine her… so I examined her doll first and only after I did that she got so fascinated and wanted me to do the exact same thing on her… and so it went, I asked the doll to open up her mouth and say ahh, and then asked the child to do that and then asked the doll to sit still so I could look at her ears and told her what a good patient she was, and only after that the child sat still and let me examine her ears… etc… :o)

Vega and KC are well… they got very upset at me for not getting up exactly at 5AM today because they were hungry. And they just couldn’t fathom it that I shut them out of the bedroom so I could get 30 extra minutes of much needed sleep. They protested until I woke up and fed them. Fat lovable fur-balls. I love them.

Well, have a good week.

Reut




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pretty daisys! And I LOVE the picture of the cat drinking a Snapple :)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/