Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

1/1/08

I sure hope 2008 will be a better year than 2007 was.

Okay then, so… why am I home? I started my sub-internship yesterday, but they were on holiday mode, and so, I was just shown where to go and got some paperwork done on the first day, but then was told that none of the students were suppose to be there on Monday and Tuesday because of the holiday. I told them no one told me… they asked me to come back on Wednesday… so I (willingly) obliged :o) LOL. The truth is, I would have much rather just start already...but that will happen tomorrow, so no worries.

This new hospital is about an hour and twenty minutes away (a 70 miles trip) and I considered doing this trip back and forth daily, but I think I am going to stay at a local hotel that has reduced price for students… I think I will be too tired for the drive. But we’ll see. KC and Vega would love it if I stayed home with them, but they’ll get used to not having me around for a while.

Anyways, the past two weeks were those of great vacation!!! I had a total of 3 interviews (one of which I believe I told you about already). The two interviews were at great hospitals with great programs. I also managed to volunteer with the animals several times… Lily is doing great! She is just TOO CUTE! I love that cat! I think the word to really describe my vacation is: “Sleep.” I slept so much… I had a very difficult time waking up in the mornings, and found the state of sleep to be very enjoyable. Maybe that’s why the vacation slipped through my fingers like sand… uggg.

Dad came to visit this past weekend, we had tons of fun! We watched another Spanish movie he brought: “Volver” with Penelope Cruz. I loved it! We also watched “the Simpsons”, “The Holiday” and “Juno”—this one was in the theatre and was just a great movie! Dad said it reminded him of “Little Miss Sunshine” (quality wise). So yeah, we watched a million movies… but we also talked and ate really good. Oh, and I forgot to tell you that dad came with me to another interview—I mentioned to one of the doctors that my dad was down in the lobby, and she wanted to meet him right away :o) LOL! So she did, and practiced her Hebrew on him, and then a bunch of other doctors came and talked with him… I enjoyed this, and I think he did too!

Well, the very sad thing of my vacation was that mom’s best friend Julie passed away on Christmas Eve. It’s a ridiculous waste of a wonderful person that should have been with their family for many more years. But as always, we are not the ones to decide who gets to stay on this earth and who doesn’t. The only console I can find it to imagine both mom and Julie being together again. The thing is… if I don’t think about it too much, I can almost pretend that they are both still here… (denial?). I was even at the store with dad and saw this cute little Christmas thing (it was a bear holding up a wire to put pictures on, and he was dressed in red and green) and the words: “oh, we should get this for Julie” were out of my mouth before I remembered she isn’t with us any more.


















Well gang, I am off for now—
I’m going to fetch my friends at the airport and get some fuel for tomorrow.

This year will be much better!
Kisses to all,

Reut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/