Saturday, August 04, 2007

Emergency Medicine is not for me...

08-04-07

Hello Everyone,

I’ve just finished the 1st week of Emergency Medicine on Friday. To be honest, I don’t particularly like it. There are many things I am learning from it, so it’s not worthless, it’s just... I’m not enjoying it too much.

Car update… uggg! My car is completely ready but because of paperwork that should have been (but wasn’t) done by the independent adjuster, and my own insurance, I can’t get my car back yet. How much longer can we stretch this? This is aggravating. Honestly. My own insurance has extended the rental for a few more days, but it’s still a major pain.

I LOVE summer!!! I wish summer lasted all year long!!! I hate it that some of the trees have started shedding their leaves. But… it is boiling hot now, just the way I like it, so no complaints from me… This morning after talking to dad I decided to go to the local Farmer’s Market. I’ve been here for a year and never gone to it. Well, it was about a 10 minute drive… it was very small, but… oh boy, they had some great tomatoes! You do know that I’m a tomato addict, right? I love tomatoes and can eat several of them per day. When I came back from that Farmers’ Market, I remembered that there was another market I never visited, so I decided that I should go there too. I absolutely loved that place! It’s not actually a Farmers’ market, but rather one farm that sells its produce around here. I bought some locally grown corn (Jersey corn is suppose to be the best in the country… it must be the pollution, right?), and beets, garlic and a cucumber. It was very cheap and fresh. For a moment there I almost picked the phone up to tell mom about it. She would have LOVED it! Too bad I didn’t know about this place when she came to visit last year. We could have gone there. On my way out of the store, there was a huge black and blue butterfly flying around— whenever mom saw butterflies, she used to say that Saba Ramiro is visiting us. Maybe mom was visiting me today at the farm store.

When I came home I decided to try a new recipe for the beets. It’s from Beit-Herut’s 70th anniversary cookbook—A expected (or I should say, as usual), I didn’t have all the ingredients, but it still turned out good. It looks horrible, like a big bright bowel of pink puke, but I do like the flavor (non-emesis like flavor). We’ll see if dad likes it (or brave enough to try it)…

My cats are doing great—Vega constantly begs to go outside. I wish I lived on a big farm so she could go in and out as much as she wanted to.

Have a good weekend,

Reut



???? :o) This is the beet dish. Quite tasty, actually, but looks horrid!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...that is very very pink...even if I did like beets, I think the color would put me off. Guess I am not all that brave!! It is kind of fun to look at, though!!

As a native New Jerseyian, I can attest that we grow some great tomatoes...I think they may even be the state fruit! (If I am remembering correctly what I learned in 5th grade) It tastes so good because it comes from the best state in the union and certainly has nothing to do with pollution. :) There are some very pretty green places in the state! :)

thanks for keeping us up to date through this blog...

mr. funky

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,

Well, the dish looked horrible, but it is all gone now... it was very delicious.

mmmm... tomatoes. My favorite! I looked it up (click on my name to get to the website I grabbed this info from) and found out that Blueberry is the state's fruit! mmmmm... I like that too!

I hope all is well with you and Funky-- it's been a long while since I talked to you.

Well-- I'm off to buy some cat food and then get ready for the hospital.

Reut

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This one is for Christine who loves the Carpenters probably more than I do :o)

You can check out my exercising progress: http://makingtimeforexercise.blogspot.com/